WHAKATANE INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
Ki te kura tuatahi o Whakatāne naumai
Welcome to Whakatāne Intermediate School
" A friendly, caring school with quality learning and quality behaviour that respects the needs of the individual student in the spirit of partnership between the school, caregivers and the community."
“He kura manaaki, he kura atawhai i nga tikanga rangatira, nga tikanga ahua noho o te tauira i roto i te wairua ngatahi kei waenganui i te kura, nga kaitiaki me te iwi kainga.”
Student Attendance Expectations - the day operates as normal, finishing at 3pm.
Students are expected to attend school unless the following is relevant:
1. They are unwell for any reason, are showing possible symptoms of Covid-19 and/or are awaiting results of tests.
2. They are in a position of having to self isolate until they get tested.
Please note: The school does reserve the right to send any student home if they are observed as having possible signs of illness of any kind.
School Attendance Protocols to Observe.
1. Heighten hygiene protocols are in place immediately and include; use of hand sanitizer, regular hand washing, safe coughing/sneezing & wiping down of school chromebooks, classroom resources etc at the end of the day. Toilets will have soap and hand towels available.
2. No assemblies (formal or syndicate) to be held.
3. Students bring their own water bottles; no water fountains open.
4. No parents or whanau are to be onsite at any time. If they come into school they should report to the front office and sign in, they do not go into the classrooms or move through the school.
Upcoming School Events for this week.
All such events will be subject to last minute changes depending on circumstances, advice given and/or change in alert levels.
We would like to reassure parents that the school will be able to manage the students safely over the next few days while we wait for further instructions.
Whakatane Intermediate School - This is who we are.